Sweet Potato Skins with Turkey Bacon and Tomatoes
Nutritious baked sweet potatoes replace fried white potatoes in this healthy makeover of a popular bar snack. Instead of fatty bacon and sour cream, these sweet potato skins recipe uses turkey bacon and nonfat Greek yogurt. With only 190 calories per serving, they make a delicious snack, and can even be eaten for lunch or dinner.
- 4 baked medium sweet potatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 8 Tbsp. low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
Here is your instructions:
Heat oven to 400° F.
Scoop flesh out of sweet potatoes and reserve for another use.
Place skins on a baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
Top each sweet potato half evenly with yogurt, turkey bacon, tomato, and green onions.