Butternut Squash Soup with Ginger
This butternut squash soup recipe gets maximum flavor from ginger, curry, and coconut milk. Freeze individual portions for quick meals anytime.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 10 cups cubed butternut squash (about 3½ lbs.)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. yellow curry powder
- 6 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft and fragrant.
Add squash, salt, and curry powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until squash is soft.
Place soup in a blender or food processor, in small batches; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until smooth.
Place blended soup back into saucepan. Add coconut milk; cook, over medium heat, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Blend small batches of hot liquids in blender or food processor since they expand during the blending process, therefore increasing the chance of overflowing.