Easy Meal Prep Ideas (Day 7)
The last thing I want to do on a Friday night after cooking most of the week is preparing a meal. I needed a few veggies to continue to stick with my nutrition plan for a few more days. I had no choice but to prep a few things. My goal, still sticking with easy meal prep ideas.
Take a listen to my video to see what easy meal prep idea I used to keep it simple on a Friday night:
Blistered Brussels Sprouts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Place vinegar and garlic in small non-reactive saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil for 25 to 35 minutes, or until vinegar has become thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. (Watch vinegar carefully after 20 minutes of cooking to avoid burning.)
- Remove from heat; cool. Remove garlic. Set aside.
- Heat a medium cast iron (or nonstick) skillet over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place brussels sprouts in skillet, cut side down, in a single layer; cook for 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Add salt; cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add water; cook until water has evaporated.
- Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. balsamic glaze; serve immediately.
Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 8 cups 1-inch-thick slices cauliflower florets, (about 1 large head; see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.
If you missed day 6 of meal prep, CLICK HERE.
If you are interested in learning more about eating healthy join my clean eating group for a few tips. Click on the picture below to get more details.