Easy Meal Prep Ideas (Day 6)
Ever procrastinate on what you are making for dinner and just need something simple? Some meals require more prep time than others. You may need to remember to take things out of the freezer, grab last minute items or marinate something ahead of time. If you forget then you may want to try something that does not involve too much prep time. Cooking on the grill can be quick and easy for meal prepping.
Take a listen to my easy meal prep ideas for the grill with very little planning ahead:
Love cooking on the grill as it is easy meal prep and quick clean up. I focus on cooking a protein, carb and vegetable. I put mostly everything in foil or you can use a grill pan.
- Cut potatoes & sweet potatoes in foil with oil and spices
- Slice veggies like peppers, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli and add oil and spices
- Fresh fish in foil with lemon, dill, basil, oil and other other spices
- Slice up sausage and add or chicken
- Experiment with different oils…extra virgin olive oil, walnut oil, avocado oil
- Experiment with spices, and fee free to add in fresh herbs, such as rosemary or thyme
Here is a very easy grilled vegetable medley recipe to try.
Grilled Garden Vegetable Medley
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch slices
1 1/2 cups baby-cut carrots
4 ounces green beans
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spray 24×18-inch piece of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil with cooking spray.
- Toss all ingredients in large bowl. Spoon mixture onto foil. Fold foil over vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packet 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, turning packet over after 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
If you missed Day 5 of my meal prep series, CLICK HERE!
If you are interested in learning more about eating healthy join my clean eating group for a few tips. Click on the picture below to get more details.