Easy Meal Prep Ideas (Day 5)
Do you ever have a hectic day, get home later than usual, no dinner plans and wonder what is quick, easy and healthy? Well of course you have! When meal prep has not happened it can be frustrating when it is dinner time and nothing is planned or prepped. Thankfully, there are so many options for last minute healthy meals. It is always good to have a few easy meal prep ideas for those unexpected busy nights.
Take a listen to my video for last minute easy meal prep ideas:
Everything prepared for this dinner was quick and easy. No fuss, just a short amount of time to prep and cook. Grab the fish on the way home and any last minute items like veggies, fresh lime or spices. You also have the option to throw everything on the grill in foil, with a lot less clean up after dinner.
Here is a healthy recipe to prepare fish that is quick and easy.
Whitefish with Tomato Salsa
- 1 medium red tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow tomato, finely chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 (4-oz.) each white fish fillets (like cod, halibut, or tilapia)
- Preheat grill or broiler on high.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well. Set aside.
- Top baking sheet with foil. Top with fish and tomato salsa. Pull up sides of foil and close, leaving a small opening at the top.
- Grill or broil for 7 to 9 minutes. Open foil carefully (steam will come out). Fish should flake easily when tested with a fork.
Interested in the spray cleaner for the fish I used in my video? CLICK HERE.
Be sure to check out my Gadget Girl series for easy gadgets you can use to make food prep even easier! Gadget Girl Series
If you are interested in learning more about eating healthy join my clean eating group for a few tips. Click on the picture below to get more details.