Easy Meal Prep Idea Day 3 (Kale)
Many times I hear people say it takes too much work and time to eat healthy. What it really takes is proper planning and being organized to make it work with busy schedules. There are so many ways to keep your meals simple, easy, quick and healthy. I find planning out your meals on Sundays will help prepare you for the week ahead. Also, finding pockets of time throughout the week to do some easy meal prep can help ease the stress at dinner time.
Take a listen to my video for an easy way to prepare veggies for your dinner:
There are many parts of your meal that you can prepare ahead to save time. This will ease the burden of the get home from work rush and chaos at dinner time. The more you have prepared the quicker and easier things will be to get dinner served.
Here are a few steps for easy meal prep:
- Plan your meals on Sundays for the week
- Have groceries bought for the week ahead
- Decide what meal you are making the day before
- Do some meal prep earlier in the week
- Prepare one part of your meal in the morning
- Make crock pot dinners for busy nights
- Pick your busiest night to have left overs
- Prepare your lunch for the next day while cleaning up from dinner
Here is the simple Kale recipe from my video:
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 bunch of green Kale, center stalk removed and in pieces
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Fresh lemon juice
- Himalayan salt to taste, optional
- Bring water to a boil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add Kale, cook 3-5 minutes until bright green.
- Remove from heat, drain.
- Place in a bowl, toss with pine nuts, lemon juice and salt.
If you are struggling to get yourself on track with your nutrition and you need a jump start take a look at the 3-Day Refresh. Just 3 days to jumpstart your nutrition and lose up to 5 pounds without starving yourself! Click here to lean more! 3-DAY REFRESHIf you missed day 2, click here to check out another meal planning tip – Easy Meal Prep Idea – Day 2
Click below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Group!