Easy Meal Prep Idea Day 1 (Egg Cups)
Planning meals and eating healthy can take time and a commitment. It can also be easy when you are organized and plan ahead. Once you get in a routine and a good pattern you will be on a path to healthy living. It is so worth the time and effort into planning ahead to have a successful week feeling energized and healthy.
Take a listen to my video for a quick easy recipe to help with meal prepping for the week ahead:
- Plan what nights you are cooking
- Decide what meals you are making
- Make your grocery list
- Do your food shopping
- Take a day or few hours to prep some of your meals for the week ahead
Here is the recipe for the egg cups that I made in my video. There is such a variety of options you can make, with meat or all veggie etc. Once you start making these, you will create your own recipe. They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can eat them cold for on the go meals, at the kids games or while traveling. They also can be reheated if you choose.
VEGETABLE EGG CUPS
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 large egg whites (2 cups)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 Tbsp. salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
- Place eggs in a large bowl, whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and green onions, mix well.
- Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean.
- Top each egg cup with 1 tbsp. salsa, if desired.
For other egg cup recipes and so much more, check out my website and be sure to subscribe to the weekly recipe email distribution list! http://www.krisdellofitness.com/recipes/
This cookbook has great recipes for all meals that the entire family will enjoy – GET YOUR COPY TODAY!
If you are interested in learning more about eating healthy join my clean eating group for a few tips. Click on the picture below to get more details.