Gadget Girl is Back (Day 11)
Summer is time for fun, swimming, cookouts, relaxation, beach time, family gatherings and so much more. When I think of summer cookouts, watermelon always comes to mind as a staple at the table. It is healthy, refreshing and always a hit for the kids. The hardest part of enjoying the watermelon is cutting and preparing it. How about if you had a gadget to make slicing easier?
Take a listen to my video to see the newest gadget I received that can help make slicing a watermelon and other foods quicker and easier:
Sometimes gadgets are trial and error but once you get the hang of it then you can enjoy the ease of using them. This is a perfect gadget for cutting up watermelon, cantaloupe and also cake. Summertime fun made easier when preparing for barbecues and social gatherings with family and friends with this new gadget.
Here is another option to cut watermelon and cantaloupe. Check out this blog and video. Gadget Girl Series Day 3
Check out the recipe below that you can make after using your gadget to cut watermelon. This is a great summer salad recipe. Also, great for making fruit salads which kids enjoy and a healthy option.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped basil (or mint, chives, or parsley)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup arugula (also known as rocket)
- ½ medium seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into 2-inch triangles
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- ½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese (about ½ oz.)
- Combine oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper in small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Arrange arugula, watermelon, heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and onion on a large serving platter.
- Drizzle evenly with dressing.
- Top evenly with cheese.
Here is the link to the recipe to print: http://www.krisdellofitness.com/watermelon-and-heirloom-tomato-salad/
You can get the Slice Right at your local Target, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond or even Amazon.
Click here and use a coupon to save money:
Summer is a great time to relax, enjoy warm weather and good food. If you are looking to get back on track and need some motivation then click below to learn more about my exclusive VIP program. I will work closely with you to help you achieve your fitness and nutrition goals, and guide you step-by-step for 30 days.