Unwinding but Staying on Track (Nutrition)
Vacations are a time for fun, family, friends, food and good times. It is a time for less structure, lack of routine and being spontaneous. However, this can be hard for some. We work hard to enjoy our vacations and having a routine keeps us focused in so many areas of our life. How can you still stay on track with your nutrition during vacation while maintaining all you have accomplished?
Listen to my video to hear how I enjoy vacation but still maintain balance with my nutrition:
Here are a few tips to keep some structure with your nutrition:
- Start the day eating a healthy breakfast
- Buy fruits and veggies, wash and cut them so easy to grab.
- Prepare dinner before heading to the beach or daily activities
- Drink Shakeology daily
- Stay in the mind set not to eat unhealthy at every meal
- Have healthy snack options
- Stay hydrated
- Do some meal planning ahead for healthier options if not dining out
- Make healthy choices when eating out
Here is an easy and delicious way to eat bread with no carbs! Great option for the beach too.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 1 dash cream of tartar
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste, optional)
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Place whites in a medium bowl. Place yolks in a separate medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat with a mixer on high until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add salt and yogurt to egg yolks. Beat with a mixer on medium until blended.
- Gently fold ⅓ of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture until just incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Using a spoon, transfer a scoop of egg mixture onto prepared baking sheet, gently spreading into a thick pancake shape about 3 inches in diameter. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and exterior is crispy to the touch. Immediately loosen cloud breads with a spatula; allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.
If you are interested in learning more about eating healthy join my clean eating group for a few tips. Click on the picture below to get more details.