Gadget Girl Series Day 6
Planning and prepping is key to helping stay on track with healthy meals. There are so many options when making foods in batches that can be used for other meals during the week. Also, preparing ahead and freezing can come in handy when you are in a quick pinch to get a meal prepped with limited time. I used a few gadgets to help with this meal making it easier and quicker with our busy schedules.
Check out my video to see the gadgets I used and the delicious meal I made for dinner that is always a big hit for my family:
I used the Veggetti Spiralizer to make the zoodles with Zucchini. You can also use summer squash to replace pasta with a healthier option. Other ways to use this gadget is with cucumbers, beets, and sweet potatoes. Plan ahead and prep all these veggies for meals for the week.
Get your Veggetti® Spiralizer Vegetable Cutter here: http://bit.ly/2swkjeM
Here is the recipe for the homemade sauce. My family loves it with the Italian meatballs from the cookbook. I will also use it for sloppy Joe’s, pizza and minestrone soup. There are so many other recipes you can use with the sauce in the Fixate cookbook. Check out the link below to purchase your cookbook. Be sure to make a double batch so you will have plenty of meals for the week ahead.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste, no salt added
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 cans whole peeled tomatoes (crush in a food processor)
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (3 oz.) Parmesan cheese rind
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped basil
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onion, cook stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and tomato paste, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Don’t let it burn.
- Add wine, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, agave, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add cheese rind.
- Cook on low for 1 hour and add in fresh basil before serving.
Get your copy of FIXATE here: http://www.krisdellofitness.com/fixate-cookbook/
Click below to join my next FREE Clean Eating Group!