Living for Balance (Intro) Part 1 of 6
How do you keep things in check when your routine is interrupted by day-to-day unexpected life happenings? Listen to my latest live video on what is happening in my life and how I have learned to push through my day-to-day routine.
Many of us have a day-to-day routine, and if you are like me, you do well with routines. Having said that, sometimes our routines can be interrupted. For example, getting a flat tire, car not starting, water heater breaks, death, kids get sick. When your routine gets interrupted, how do you keep balance in your life?
We have routines with our workouts, nutrition, work schedules, kids schedules and activities, personal needs and even our sleeping habits.
It is so easy to be distracted when our daily routine is interrupted. We stop making ourselves a priority, we get more stressed, depressed, lose sleep, have inability to focus, become irritable and moody. The reason we become irritable and moody is because we get stressed thinking about how we are going to get it all done. When we live by a routine, change can be hard and making adjustments to that daily schedule is not always easy.
Here are a few tips to help keep you focused and balanced during unexpected disruptions:
- Prioritize your list with the most important items. Determine what has to get done first and what can wait
- Push through and don’t get derailed
- Stick to simple healthy meals
- Workout daily to help alleviate stress (make that your first priority in the morning so you know it gets done)
- Make the best of it and focus on the positive
- Use resources available to you
- Ask for help when you need it
- Meditate during the day and before bed to unwind
- Utilize your support systems
- Use breathing exercises and techniques to keep you grounded (even just taking a deep breath and counting to 10 will help)
If you are struggling to live for balance click below to learn more about my VIP Program that can help you in many areas of your life.